I’m going out on a limb here and posting something totally unrelated to the theme of my blog, but only because I’m in Houston visiting family and forgot my handy dandy camera at home. So, I’ve come up with a list of the 5 best and worst typical Christmas gifts for college girls. And yes, I or someone I know has received each of these at one point in time… even the bad ones. Now these are all my opinion and you might disagree or get offended, but just hear me out!
1. Socks. I don’t mean the lame white ankle socks that we all seem to lose weekly, I’m talking about the thick fuzzy ones. As weird as this sounds, who actually ever buys themselves socks?
2. Perfume. I sure don’t ever think to buy myself perfume… Plus it’s a little bit out of my college budget. Smelling good is a necessity- especially since college is prime time to find potential husbands. Am I right ladies?????
3. Concert tickets. Festival season is right around the corner, so start racking up for them now! Other concerts coming up near by are Florida Georgia Line at the Cajun Dome on January 23, Maroon 5 in Dallas on February 15 and Houston on the 16th, and Taylor Swift at Tiger Stadium on May 22th. And for all you Nickleback enthusiasts out there, they’ll be at the Cajun Dome on March 22!!
4. Vacations. We sure can’t pay for them, so by all means, ask your parents to send you to your favorite city for Mardi Gras. I’ll be spending mine in New York (because where else would I be?) sitting front row at a Couture Fashion Week show! As well as seeing Wicked for the third time because I just can’t seem to get enough of it. Needless to say I scored big this year.
5. Lottery Tickets. I won some this year at my family’s White Elephant and I was a little skeptical at first, but then I realized I could win $10,000,000… I didn’t. Have I ever mentioned how unlucky I am? Anyway, if you were to win, how awesome of a gift is that?! Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanza, happy New Year, etc. etc…you’re set.
1. Clothes. Why, you ask? Because everyone is so picky and everyone has they’re own style. Or maybe that’s just me… Anyway, as much as we want mom to pay for our wardrobes, it’s better to get gift cards or money to your favorite store so you can avoid hurting your family’s feelings if you don’t like what they picked out for you!
2. Dental supplies. I mean, sure, we all need new dental floss every now and then… But in my stocking? I think my debit can handle that one on its own.
3. CD’s and DVD’s. With Netflix, iTunes, Soundcloud, and all of the free TV sites, what’s the point in buying a disk when everything is already uploaded to the internet? Does anyone even know how to work a DVD player anymore? And there’s no shame in illegally downloading movies still in theaters. 🙂 (please don’t call the cops on me)
4. Flashlights. As handy as they are, I’m sure Dad can help a sister out with this one… It’s the thought that counts, right?
5. A pet. Unless you live at home or in your own apartment, DO NOT ASK FOR A NEW PUPPY FOR CHRISTMAS. You won’t be able to take care of it! Your roommate might be allergic, you’re probably too broke to get it vaccinated, and you’re going to get too busy and forget to feed it. But fish are totally acceptable. Just be prepared for the tank to stink up your itty bitty room.